This webpage sets out when and how we use your personal information that you or others provide to us.
Who we are
We are Agile Analog, a limited company (registered with number 10892818).
Our registered address is Milton Hall Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge, United Kingdom, CB24 6WZ.
We have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our data protection officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do you use my data?
When you phone us or use our website contact form
When you phone us or use the contact form on our website for general queries, we may handle your personal information (your name, contact details and the other details you provide to us) in order to provide the customer services you have asked us to. This could be when you ask us to provide more information about the products and services we offer, or when you ask us for technical support.
We rely on your consent to handle your personal information in this way. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
When you apply for a job with us
When you submit a job application on our website, we will collect and store your personal information that you submit to us, including the information contained in your CV, your covering letter, your on-line application (including your name and contact details), information about your nationality and your entitlement to work in the UK, in order to allow us to consider your job application.
We may also collect and store your personal information we obtain from your named referees and certain publicly accessible sources, such as LinkedIn.
If your application progresses to a later stage, we will collect and store your bank details for the purposes of expense reimbursement, and any information you provide to us during an interview, in order to further progress your application. We may also collect and store information about your health, including any medical conditions for the purpose of making reasonable adjustments to the interview process.
We will use your personal information to:
- assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the applicable role;
- carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- communicate with you about the recruitment process; and
- keep records related to our hiring processes.
We may share your personal information with Pipedrive Ltd for the purposes of tracking our job candidates, and Google LLC and Google Ireland Limited for the storage of documentation relating to your application.
We process your personal information because we have a legitimate interest to make sound, fair and justifiable recruitment decisions, to benefit our business, as well as to exercise our rights in the field of employment law.
When you have signed up to our mailing list
This section applies if you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, by entering your email address into the relevant section of our website, or have previously expressed an interest in our products and services and have not opted out.
We will handle your personal information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) to provide you with marketing communications in line with any preferences you have told us about.
When we send you marketing emails because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing purposes.
If you have not opted-in and we send you marketing emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote the success of our business by engaging with potential customers.
Every email we send to you for marketing purposes will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving them.
You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can tell us that you do not want your personal information to be processed in this way at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link shown in every marketing communication you receive from us.
To make our site better
We may share your aggregated, anonymous data with third party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will also use your personal information for the purposes of making our site more secure, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We process your data for this reason because we have a legitimate interest to provide you with the best experience we can, and to ensure that our site is kept secure.
You can prevent us from using your personal information in this way by using the 'do not track' functionality in your internet browser. If you enable do not track functionality, our site may be less tailored to your needs and preferences.
If our business is sold
We will transfer your personal information to a third party:
if we sell or buy any business or assets, we will provide your personal information to the seller or buyer (but only to the extent we need to, and always in accordance with data protection legislation); or
if we or the majority of our assets are acquired by somebody else, in which case the personal information held by us will be transferred to the buyer.
We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
In some circumstances we may also need to share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share it to comply with a legal obligation.
What about technical information and analytics?
Information we collect about you: When you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources: We are also working closely with third party advertising networks, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers from whom we may also receive general aggregated anonymous information about you.
We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. We only use (and store) non-essential cookies on your computer's browser or hard drive if you provide your consent.
|_gid||To distinguish users|
|_ga||To distinguish users|
|_gat||To distinguish users|
|XSRF-TOKEN||Protects against cross-site request forgery|
|laravel_session||Identify a user session|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years.
Where is my data stored?
Many of our external third parties, particularly those we use to create our mailing list, are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we ensure it is protected by making sure at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- by transferring your personal information to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission;
- by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give your personal information the same protection it has; or
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third party data storage providers.
How long do we retain your data for?
Where you are a customer of Agile Analog, we will retain your data for as long as necessary to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with your use of our products and services or if any legal issues arise.
Where we have used your personal information to contact you for marketing communications, if you have opted-in we will contact you at least every 2 years to ensure you are happy to continue receiving electronic communications.
If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, we promise to stop sending them to you.
Where we have used your personal information in the process of a job application you have made to us, we will retain your data:
- if your application was unsuccessful, for a period of six months after we have communicated our decision to you, and unless we have a legitimate reason for retaining the information for longer; or
- if your application was successful, on an ongoing basis, with any relevant information relating to your employment transferring to your personnel record and any irrelevant information being deleted.
Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with a question in connection with our products and services) we will retain your data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or accounting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for the personal information we hold, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the reasons why we handle your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your right to object under data protection laws
You have the right to object to us handling your personal information when:
- we are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the “How do you use my data” section above). If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless we can show you that we have compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue; or
- for marketing purposes. If you ask us to stop handling your personal information on this basis, we will stop.
What are my rights under data protection laws?
You have various rights under the data protection laws, which you can exercise by contacting us. The easiest way to do this is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right of access
You are entitled receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information.
You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
Right to rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
Right to restriction
You can restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- you think we hold inaccurate personal information about you;
- our handling of your personal information breaks the law, but you do not want us to delete it;
- we no longer need to process your personal information, but you want us to keep it for legal reasons; or
- where we are handling your personal information because we have a legitimate interest (as described in the “How We Use Your Data” section above, and are in the process of objecting to this use of your personal information.
Where you exercise your right to restrict us from using your personal information, we will then only process your personal information when you agree, except for storage purposes and to handle legal claims.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, standard machine readable format and to send this to another organisation controlling your personal information.
This right only applies to your personal information we are handling because you consented to us using it or because there is a contract in place between us.
Right to erasure
You have the right to require us to erase your personal information which we are handling in the following circumstances:
- where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- where we needed your consent to use your personal information, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other lawful way we can continue to use your personal information;
- when you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling it;
- if our handling of your personal information has broken the law; and
- when we must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subject to.
Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
What about websites we link to?
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates.
Our site connects you to different websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites or use our services, please note that you have left our site and these websites have their own privacy policies.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check their policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
How do I contact you with feedback?